Images.weserv.nl is an image cache & resize proxy
Our servers resize your image, cache it worldwide, and display it.
- We don't support animated images (yet).
- We do support GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP and even transparent images!
- Full IPv6 support, serving dual stack, and supporting IPv6-only origin hosts.
- SSL support, you can use https://images.weserv.nl/.
This can be very usefull for embedding HTTP images on HTTPS websites. HTTPS origin hosts can be used by prefixing the hostname with ssl:
Requesting an image:
- ?url= (URL encoded) link to your image, without http://
- &h= maximum height of image (optional)
- &w= maximum width of image (optional)
Example: <img src="http://images.weserv.nl/?url=www.google.nl/logos/logo.gif&h=30" />
Choose JPEG compression level:
- &q= any value between 0 and 95 (optional)
This parameter is only effective for JPEG-images. If you don't specify a quality it defaults to 85.
- &t= fit (default) or square or absolute (optional)
Choose image alignment:
- &a= t (top) or b (bottom) or l (left) or r (right) (optional)
Only works when t=square, and the image needs to be cropped in height (t or b) or width (l or r). For more information, please see the suggestion on our UserVoice forum: #2570350 - Aligning
Trim borders from image: New!
- &trim= sensitivity between 0 and 255 (optional)
You also can specify just &trim, which defaults to a sensitivity of 10. For more information, and examples, please see the suggestion on our UserVoice forum: #3083264 - Able to remove [..]
Uptime & Response Time